Metastudio DRM is a solution developed by Sanmargar Team to support management of reference data such as code or value dictionaries, organisational structures, dimension hierarchies, rules and parameters of data processing processes. Metastudio DRM enables assumption of responsibility for management of those elements by business analysts in IT, sales and controlling areas.
Metastudio DRM is a specialised editor of reference data, operating independently from technology of the database storing the reference data.
Metastudio DRM allows management of hierarchies (for example organisational structures, object hierarchies, charts of accounts), analytic dimensions (for example customer segmentations, product classifications, sales channels, cost object codes), data conversion (mapping) rules, data validation and control rules, processes steering parameters.
Metastudio DRM offers data types and data editing rules characteristic for Reference Data Management area, for example support for validity periods in various models, versioning, value domains, establishing relations between dictionaries, various types of hierarchies.
Metastudio DRM offers:
- Central application server for the solution, limiting technical requirements on the side of the user to website browser supporting Java technology,
- Central knowledge repository of the managed reference data, organised into a hierarchical structure of folders and objects,
- Integration with external user authentication systems such as LDAP or Windows Active Directory – also at the level of single sign-on,
- Authorization system allowing control of user access level with respect to specific folders and objects of the reference data repository,
- Editing and presentation of reference dictionaries in flat tables or hierarchical structures in parent-child layout,
- Portlets in the form of parameterisable websites embedded in the application, displaying for example reports coming from the central Business Intelligence platform,
- Layouts of related dictionaries and portlets in the form of views presenting superior data (for example Employee) connected with detailed data (for example BI platform report with work time in the recent month),
- The possibility of automatic storage of the history of changes of the managed reference data,
- Audit of actions performed by the users at the level of user accounts, objects, date and time, as well as incident type,
- The possibility of subscription of automatic notifications through e-mail about significant actions performed by the users on the indicated objects,
- Registration of the author and time of change of the reference data at the level of records,
- Mechanisms of handling validity periods for specific entries of reference data,
- The possibility of changing the default view of online dictionary by the user within the scope of: order and visibility of columns, grouping, sorting and filtering of the data,
- Export and import of reference data to CSV, TXT, XLS files.